Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday October 12, 2010

Workout: 15:00 on the bike, 15:00 walking on the treadmill on the random hill program, + glutes, hams, quads.
Weight: 125.0


Workout was fine.  I did an easy 15 minutes on the bike and then the weights.  I had so much time left in the morning AND I wanted to watch sportscenter to find out about the post season baseball situation (and how my tickets are going to do), so I grabbed a treadmill and walked on an incline for 15 minutes.  On the bike my heart rate was in the 120's, on the treadmill it was around 107.


These are fine workouts.  I did heavy weights at 3x10 sets, but I probably could have done a tad bit higher of weights.  I haven't done legs in so long, I wasn't sure where to start with the weights.  I also don't want totally fatigued legs when I'm running tomorrow, so not sure I'm going to go a whole lot higher on that.

Feels good to be back in the gym and to do regular workouts rather than focusing so heavily on training.  I am thinking that my days of running outside are coming to an end, though, because the sunrise is at 7am now.  Makes for pretty dark running even at 6am.  I really don't want to run on the treadmill from now until spring, but not sure I have much choice.  I may have to schedule so afternoon runs on the days that I don't babysit, otherwise it is going to be all treadmill - probably even my long runs on Saturdays.  Boooo!

No comments: