Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday December 5, 2011

Catch up...


Friday - Core Synergistics
I like this workout more and more each time I do it.  I actually kind of enjoyed it on Friday morning.  Still tough, though!


Saturday - intervals on the treadmill
It was pretty wet outside when I woke up, so I opted to run intervals on the treadmill instead of kicking water up on my legs.  I also decided that I'd probably do intervals most of the time if I had to run inside because I think it might be the only way I can get through the boredom of staring at the concrete wall.


Anyway, intervals were good!  I did a 5 minute warmup at 5.0 (12:00/mile), where my heart rate stayed pretty steady at 145.  Then 1:00 at 5.5, 1:00 at 6.0, 1:00 at 6.5 and 2:00 at 4.0 - repeat.  The last interval I came down the speeds instead of going right back to 4.0 and my heart rate stayed steady during that set.  Heart rate was 145 / 155 / 167 / 171 respectively.  I ran 3 miles total, but don't remember the time - must have been pretty close to 34:00.  I enjoyed it and I only needed 2 quick 15 second breaks to take a drink of water.  I really like having the heart rate monitor while I'm running.  Now I know I'm not crazy - it really is as high as I thought.


Today - p90x Chest / Back
Back to the first rotation of workouts.  This workout is hard and I don't enjoy it as much the other ones, but it was fine.  I didn't find that my numbers (pushups or pullups) have increased since the last time I did this specific workout, but they did remain pretty similar.  


My weight was down to 125.4 last Friday, which is the lowest since the beginning of the summer.  It fluctuated over the weekend - 127.4, 127.2, 127.6 this morning.  I'm okay with that - I know I didn't gain 2 pounds over night.  And I didn't eat terribly over the weekend. 



No comments: