Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday February 6, 2012

Saturday - Run 6 miles on the treadmill


I swallowed my pride and ran at a slower pace to find out if I could keep my heart rate lower and if so, if running would feel easier for me.  I ran between 5.5-5.8 (11:00 -10:40) and was able to keep my heart rate below 165 the entire time.  I ran while watching Arrested Development on netflix, which meant that I wasn't trying to keep pace with any music.  The run was so much easier than any that I've done recently.  I wasn't laboring or sucking wind, I didn't feel like I needed to mentally keep myself from jumping off throughout the whole thing.  I just ran.  And I enjoyed it.  This is what I need to be doing.


Monday - Recovery week!
YogaX is on the schedule for today, however, I opted to run instead.  I like yoga and all, but it is 90 minutes and it doesn't elevate my heart rate enough for my satisfaction.  So I ran 4 miles while watching Arrested Development again this morning.  I stayed at a 5.5 (11:00) pace for almost the entire time... I think I upped it for the last 3/4 of a mile just to get the 4 miles in on time.  My average HR for today's run was 155.  This was an easily sustainable heart rate and again, I enjoyed it and didn't feel miserable the entire time.  This is definitely what I need to be doing.

No comments: