Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday April 12, 2011

Workout: Biggest Loser Boot Camp
Time: 45:00
Weight: 126.6


Added the second level of boot camp today - an additional 15 minutes of Bob Harper trying his best to break me down and kill me.  He nearly succeeded.  I feel like such a wuss - I'm having a hard time getting through the exercises and had to take a couple of breaks and the BL people, most of whom still have 20-50lbs on me are getting through.  Must be I suck.  


It is a really good workout.  My muscles are getting worked and fatigued.  My heart rate is up, but not spiked too high.  It is tough and definitely a challenge.  I enjoy it but hate it all at the same time.  And I really, really like Bob Harper - I like the way he leads, his sense of humor and his ability to be encouraging.  Good choices on these dvds.


Dave & I also went for a 2 mile walk yesterday around the block, with the dog.  It ends up being 40:00 of decent walking with hills.  Definitely not good enough to be the only workout we do, but a really good add-on.  I'm happy that we're able to do it.  The girls are iffy on whether or not they approve... too bad they don't get a choice :)


Went under my calories yesterday.  I opted to not eat the rest of my calories last night.  I had quite a few left and could have had an ice cream treat or small bowl of cereal and STILL had calories left over, but I had a glass of wine after our walk and that was all I wanted.  The walk at 8:00 also has the bonus of keeping me from snacking all night.  By the time I get finished with my glass of wine it seems ridiculous to eat more treats after that.


Working on hammering the water today.  

1 comment:

April said...

Have you thought about running with no music? I know you have used your music specifically to help aid in your timing, but maybe running without it a few times would take off the pressure of having something to calculate time by.

Also, I noticed that I was getting fatigued again. When I started using some oil of oregeno to kick some sickness I still had, it suggested that while I use it I should take an iron supplement since it sometimes depleats your iron reserves. Anyway, I wasn't using the oil of oregeno much yet, but I had started the iron supplement anyway. Apparentely if you aren't low in iron you will get constipated pretty quickly...well, I have been taking it daily and have not even come close to being constipated, BUT, the other side effect has been that I have been less fatigued. It actually helped explain my intense desire for meat...which is now not as intense since I have been taking the supplement. I was thinking that since you aren't a serious meat eater, that your iron could sometimes get low. It might explain your fatigue. Just a thought!
Hope you have a great day anyway!