Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tuesday April 26, 2011

Workout: BL bootcamp level 1 & 2
Time: 45:00

Ended up taking all of last week off from working out due to having strep.  I think my thighs enjoyed the break...  I did cardio max yesterday and bootcamp today and my thighs feel like they're made of concrete.  Bob Harper is trying to destroy me.



This will be my second week of doing level 1 & level 2 and I should add level 3 on both videos next week, but I'm not going to.  I had to take a break during the workouts yesterday & today.  My legs were burning so badly from all of the squats & lunges, I had to stop for a few seconds to shake them out before continuing.  I want to get through level 1 & 2 solidly before I add level 3.

Yesterday I noticed that my heart rate seemed to be very high during cardio max.  I asked my neighbor if I could borrow her heart rate monitor so I could try it out before I buy one for myself.  I want to start trying to train within my target heart rate zones, which will take a lot of restraint on my part, but I think I may have better results in terms of stamina & endurance.



I spent most of last week eating cookies and really not a whole lot more than that.  I had a decent dinner each night, but I mainly stuck to cookies because I'm a winner.  At least I didn't eat my normal diet AND all of the cookies.  I've sworn off of the cookies now :)

I'm trying to come to a better attitude about weight, calories, diet.  I stopped weighing everyday and am only going to weigh on Fridays.  Last Friday I was 122.8 - even after my cookie diet.  Truthfully, my weight and diet are controlling me and I don't want that to be the case.  I need to enjoy life and not worry about all of this so much.  Not that I'm entirely consumed by it, but I do spend too much time tracking things.  That includes running mileage, routes, calories consumed & calories burned.  I have a tendency to go a little overboard with it all because I am so self-disciplined.  I need to ease up, but still be healthy.  I will not be buying a device that tells me how many calories I burn every day - that would be bad, bad news for someone like me, lol.



I like the fact that I feel like I'm getting stronger from my workouts.  Dave was talking to one of his clients, who is a doctor, and he said that you can't just focus on running and still be healthy.  If you focus only on cardio, your heart gets stronger, but the rest of your muscles don't.  You need balance.  Dave and I have lost that balance over the last year of race training.  And we both are trying to get it back - he is out of the RBR, too, and is focusing on adding some weight training back in and losing 10-15 lbs.  He has been snoring lately and wants to lose that weight so he'll stop.  I'm all for that :)

No comments: