Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tuesday August 23, 2011

Workout: walking with the dog 40:00
Weight: ugh


Since coming home from vacation my body has been jacked up.  I must have really wrenched my back when we were tubing on that Monday.  The next day my herniated disks were bothering me, but they got better throughout the day.  By the time we got home, though, I was in desperate need of a deep tissue massage - my back hurt everywhere and I was having pretty bad headaches from muscle tension in my neck.  The massage helped and I felt better over the next two weeks.  I ran on the treadmill during the week, but nothing major.  


Last Friday I started running on the treadmill and I could tell my disks were not going to allow me to do it.  I walked for a mile and then decided I was okay and did 1 minute intervals.  And I've been paying for it since then.  I haven't been able to stand up from a chair without being in severe pain, I took expired hydrocodone, which takes the edge off a bit.  I can say, though, that yesterday and today have been better.  Yesterday I started an every 4 hour ibuprofin regimen and it seems to help a lot (haven't taken the hydrocodone since Saturday).  This morning was the first time I got out of bed without feeling like I was going to crumble to the floor.


So yesterday and today I've walked the dog as my workout.  It isn't much, but its something.  I need to be gentle with myself so I don't re-tweak it before vacation.  


My weight is higher than it has been since losing my Georgia pregnancy weight.  I gained a little on vacation, but was higher than I'd like before we left.  Then we came home and started drinking green smoothies - which are awesome - but I found out yesterday that they are higher calorie than I realized... so hence the couple of pounds I've gained since coming home from vacation.  Yesterday I counted calories and it wasn't horrible.  I'm pretty serious about it now - school has started, i'm getting back into a routine, I can do this.  I have 3 weeks before we leave and that gives me enough time to get back down to 124ish.  I am suspicious of my scale, though, because at the weight it is saying, none of my clothes should fit - and they don't feel any different.

No comments: