Friday, October 10, 2008

October 10, 2008

Workout: bodyweight/toning
Weight: 123.4

Some new exercises today. I didn't feel I had the cardio workout that I have with the previous workouts so I may be going back to most of those. These were tough, though.

Power Pushups: 3x15
Standing back extension: 3x10
Two-Arm Swing: 3x15
Quad Stretch w/ bicep curls: 3x10
Triceps Can-Can: 3x10
Pretzel: 3x15/side
Dual Cable Lift: 3x15
Time: 39:30

The triceps can-can needs to be eliminated - for some reason I can't do things that require being in that position. I may have to find a new triceps exercise or go to plain dips or weighted dips.

Yesterday I ran on the treadmill. Since it was day 2 of 2 in a row I was going to do a tougher but shorter run. I intended to do 24 minutes at 5.8mph. I ended up doing 35 minutes at 5.8 because I was feeling good. 3 miles = 32:24. 3.25 miles in 35:01. I stopped more often than I do when running at 5.4 (stopped at 1 mile to catch my breath and then a couple of times after that), but it felt good to be running at that pace. I'm anxious to increase my pace, but I'm going to continue to take it slow. Tomorrow I run 26:00 straight.

Weight is 123.4 two days in a row!! Although I'm very comfortable where I'm at... its still nice to see those low numbers on the scale!