Saturday, October 4, 2008

october 4, 2008

Workout: treadmill
Weight: 124.4

3 miles = 34:54 (@5.4 pace)
3.25 miles = 37:38

I ran 22 minutes without stopping. I started laboring right around 19/20 minutes, but by 22 minutes I was in a pretty good rhythm again and actually stopped at 22 minutes and had a brief feeling of guilt like I should have kept going. 22 minutes was 2 miles of running. I feel I accomplished something really good by running 2 miles straight without a break. I'm going to get there. Slowly but surely I will get to the point where I can consistenly run 3 miles straight and then I'll start working on increasing my speed and incline.

I'm a little worried about the weekend. We're going to Michigan to have family pictures taken for my mom's side of the family. I think we're doing pizza afterward. On Sunday we're having our family birthday picnic - again, possibly pizza or some kind of bad for you grilled food. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do - is it insulting for me to go out and get my own salad? we can't really afford it, but I don't want to eat a bunch of garbage this weekend and go backward.