Wednesday, October 8, 2008

October 8, 2008

Workout: treadmill
Weight: 124.8
3.25 miles in 37:20; 3 miles in 34:31 @ 5.4mph; 25:00 straight without stopping (2.25 miles)


Good run this morning. I was a bit worried because we hung out in a smokey bar on Saturday night and I thought my lungs were going to burn. But I didn't feel anything. Felt good to kill it again.

Monday I walked for 48:00 outside with the dog. We played soccer with Joseph (9), Thomas (7), Nora (6) & Christopher (4) on Sunday and my hip flexors hurt so badly on Monday morning that I couldn't even think about running. Yesterday morning I just didn't feel like working out so I didn't - no real good excuse. So today it was back to it and it feels good.

Dave and I were talking after I ran on Saturday and I told him how I started to feel labored at 20 minutes, but worked through it and by 22 minutes felt like I was in a good rhythm again, but stopped anyway. He wondered if part of my problem is I've never busted through those laboring parts of running - everyone has them, they only last 30-60 seconds and then you get through. I think he's right so i kept that in mind this morning while running and really focused on busting through those laboring parts. I started out with the intention of running 23:00 straight and then while I was running decided to go for 24 minutes since I skipped a workout on Monday (which was supposed to be 23:00) and then I realized that if I went for 25 minutes I'd be able to run a full 2.25 miles. THAT is progress (increasing my running time while I'm running - rather than decreasing it).