Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday May 16, 2011

Workout: run 30:00
+ 35:00 yogalosophy DVD
Friends: The One With Unagi


Ran for the first time this morning since ash wednesday - so I don't know... March something. I decided to take it slow and to just run for 30:00 and not focus on distance or speed.  I ran at 5.5 mph or 10:54/mile and ended up running exactly 2.75 miles in 30 minutes.  It felt comfortable, although every time I took my heart rate it was still up at 175bpm, even at the slower pace.  Can't get that down... not sure why.  


I enjoyed running.  I ran on the treadmill and watched an episode of Friends, which definitely kept my eyes off of the clock and my focus off of the time.  It was definitely enjoyable and I plan to continue to do this when I run on the treadmill - I'm going to work my way from 1/2 way through season 6 to the end of the series.  


Weather has been horrible this spring, so not sure when I'll venture outside again.  Also, I need to get new shoes.


After running I did 35 minutes of Yogalosophy - a DVD workout by the girl who teaches yoga to Jennifer Aniston.  It wasn't much of a yoga workout, more 80's style toning exercises.  There is an additional 25 minute workout that I'm going to try next time that includes sun salutations and stretching, which hopefully will be more yoga and less dog-leg lifts and less of the woman talking about how obsessed she is with inner thighs and having a nice butt.  Interestingly, you can tell by what she relates to the viewer that she is definitely in the LA/Hollywood culture as body and having a good butt is a huge focus.  It was kind of annoying, but they were decent exercises.


Tomorrow I head to the gym for the first time in a while.  Light cardio + some lifting.

No comments: