Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tuesday May 31, 2011

Workout: 30 Day Shred + 2 Miles running at 5.0mph
Friends: The One Where Paul is a Neat Guy 


Went to the zoo yesterday.  Had a good breakfast, a light lunch at the zoo (packed) and a really crappy dinner at the in-laws.  Too many cheesy potatos and ice cream dessert.  It was good, but I felt really icky afterward - not guilty icky, but physically.  So at least that is a reminder why I need to be diligent in eating well.  


Slept in this morning because I was so tired and Georgia was up twice last night with growing pains.  So I just finished my workout and am going to hit the shower, then a good breakfast and some coffee.  Workout was good.  I had intended to do a full 30:00 on the treadmill, but it was getting too close to ticket time so I had to cut it short.  


I feel like by running slower I am more able to focus on proper breathing, rather than going to through the constant mental gymnastics of convincing myself that I'm not miserable.  Running slower is somewhat enjoyable because its not so difficult.  My heart rate is still reaching that 168-174 range, but I don't feel like my head is going to explode.  Maybe someday I will get back to running outside, but for now I'm enjoying this and that is more important to me for now.  


Yesterday after walking all day at the zoo in sandals, my feet were so tired and my knees were so sore.  My knees have really been bugging me lately.  I need new shoes in a bad way.  Next month they will be in the budget (PS - April and May are such expensive months, geesh it was craziness over here).



No comments: