Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday October 20, 2011

Workout: P90x Yoga
Weight: ?


Yeesh its been a while.  Took some time off from working out and calorie counting and then hit it hard last Monday - October 10th.  Dave and I started doing p90x that day and also started nazi Weight Watchers.  I weighed 133.0 on Monday October 10, 2011.  Last Friday - October 14th I weighed 129.6.  I weigh in again tomorrow morning...


First - p90x:
I'm loving it!  I was hesitant to try it because I really didn't want to workout in front of the tv every single morning, I didn't think I had a way to work on pullups, and I didn't know if I could stomach Tony Horton for 3 months.  I'm pleasantly surprised on all accounts.

I am working out in front of the upstairs tv, not the basement, so its not so dark and dreary.  In addition, it is a different workout every day, so I'm not doing the same.exact.thing. every day for 3 months solid (like the Biggest Loser dvds).  I found one doorway in the house that works for the pullup bar, so I've got that figured out.  And so far I've been pretty amused by Tony.  However, it has only been just short of 2 weeks.  
Dave is doing the workouts with our friend Matt in the evenings.  I think its great for both of them.  


All in all, I love it.  I'm so happy that plyometrics is on Tuesday and not on Saturday!  I would hate to have to look forward to that all week because it kicks my butt!  


Weight Watchers - 
After seeing my weight go up past 130, I knew I had to do something hard core and counting calories was not working for me.  I'm not sure why there is such a difference, it just sucks the life out of me.  I also got a WW points calculator for both of us.  It calculates how many points I get in a day and the extra weekly points, and it also calculates the points values of foods based on the protein, carbs, fat & fiber in the food.  I bought Dave the general food guide and the restaurant guide, and he says those things are helping him a lot.  I think that for two people who do not have smart phones the whole online point or calorie counting thing was exhausting.  We have little journals that we keep track in and can also keep track in the calculators.  So it has been going better.  I still get a little bitter that I only get 29 points a day, but I make it work.


Today - 
Today's workout was yoga.  It was tough.  I've lost a lot of strength in the last couple of months of letting everything go, so my endurance for all of these poses is less.  


I have to get these pounds off because I don't fit into my jeans!  I'm not upset about the gain...  I see it as a result of having a good, fun summer.  I also recognize that I had a lot of emotional garbage going on this summer and I don't think I had the mental energy to deal with that and be super vigilant about eating and exercising.  I'm finally at a point, though, where I feel like I can deal with both... well, I can at least get myself back into some discipline with taking care of myself physically.  Emotionally and psychologically is still a work in progress and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that.  At any rate, I just need to be diligent and patient and get these 10 pounds off so I can fit back into my jeans... wearing yoga pants and cargo pants every other day is getting a little old :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you are writing again, I enjoy reading them. Meaghan wants to do weight watchers but does not have the time or desire to go to meetings. Wondering if you are going to meetings. Cant wait to see you guys. What is the date again, seriously I forgot :)