Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday June 22, 2011

Workout: 30 Day Shred Level 2


Figured I should probably do some updating up in these parts...


Have moved on to Level 2 of 30DS and it is a killer.  It is a lot of shoulder work and plank poses for abs & cardio.  I can't maintain the plank stuff during the cardio and abs - only because my shoulders are burning so bad I need to get out of the pose.  I really like level 2, though, its good.


Have continued with hundredpushups.com.  I'm stuck on week 3 day 2, but did well last night.  W3D2 sets are 20, 25, 15, 15, max (at least 25).  I can't get that last max set completed without taking a couple seconds of rest.  Last night I did the most I've done consecutively in that set though - 20 - and then finished it out after a short break.  Hoping I can move on soon, but W3D3 is going to be even worse.  I enjoy it - great workout and I'm getting noticeably stronger (by the fact that my numbers are increasing).  These workouts also contribute to being unable to do the plank stuff with 30DS.


I haven't run for a while.  Last week I tweaked my hamstring so bad I was limping, so I took the rest of the week off of working out.  This week, because Nora has basketball at 9, I've opted to just do the 30ds workout in the interest of time.  I went out and bought new running shoes the other night and look forward to going out this weekend at the summer regional - the first time since March.  I'm going to take it slow and go without music and focus on my breathing - noticed that when I consciously breathe using my diaphragm instead of my chest, my heart rate is lower.  Looking forward to getting out there and testing the new shoes.  


Dave began Weight Watchers this week.  I think I'll start today.  The girls sports schedules make it difficult for me to eat decently - I forget or I am gone when I should eat a meal, or I'm so hungry because of that that I eat bad stuff.  I need to grab some breakfast and get started on this WW thing.  Weight was up to 127.8... had gotten down to 122.2 a few weeks ago and then Memorial Day bbq at the in-laws happened and there was ice cream dessert with graham cracker crumbs and malt balls.  And really, who can say no to that?   I didn't - 3 or 4 times.  Ugh, sometimes I have 0 self control.  

No comments: