Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 11 - Thursday July 25, 2013

Sleep: Asleep by 11, woke at 2:30, took 5mg Melatonin fell back to sleep, woke at 4:30, took 5mg of Melatonin fell back to sleep.  Awake with alarm around 7.  Best night of sleep since Saturday.
(Sun/Mon/Tue were 2-3 hour in the middle of the night disrupted sleep nights).  

I spoke with Christene (health coach) yesterday.  I needed to find out if I was screwed for the rest of my life.  Given the fact that I had 3 nights of disrupted sleep, I was in a pretty down and discouraged mood and very upset that I may never get to eat normally again.

She believes that I have a raging candida issue.  Not just mild.  Raging.  So we're going to hit it hard with diet & supplements.  She said candida can be very tricky and could take 3-4 weeks to get rid of, or 2 years.  I'm hoping for the shorter time.

Candida feed off of yeast & sugar.  So my gluten issue could very definitely be related to the candida issue.  And the wine set it off again on Monday night.  

So now that I know what is going on, I feel better equipped to choose food to eat.  I need to keep adding lemon to my water, keep loading up on fresh veggies and cut down on anything sweet.  I realized that even though I was eating a very plant focused diet, I was choosing the plants that were sweet: melons, grapes, cherries, sugar snap peas, dried fruit, etc.  I need to focus more on fresh veggies - rather than roasted, sauteed, or grilled and keep up with the big salads.  

I am totally willing to go as hard core as necessary to resolve this issue.  I'm so sick of being one bite of food away from not sleeping.  And I'm tired of my body holding onto or gaining weight with the slightest mis-step in my diet.

We are going on vacation next month and that is going to be more difficult, however, it is not a kid-less vacation, so I won't miss out on the nice dinners with wine with Dave.  I'm really, really hoping that things are resolved by the time we go to Costa Rica next March so I can enjoy nice dinners and wine while we're there.

I can and will do this.  Candida: beware!

No comments: