Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Day 17 - Wednesday July 31, 2013

Sleep: bed by 11, up at 3:30, took 10 mg of Melatonin, back to sleep until alarm at 6.  Should have slept later.

Christene and I emailed back and forth on Monday about all of this stuff.  She is so reassuring and inspires so much confidence and hope in me.  She told me that I WILL enjoy normal food and wine again.  It may take a while, but it will happen.  She suggested that I start taking an anti-fungal, so I went out and bought that.  She also told me that it takes 27 days for yeast loving food to get out of our system... after that the die off will occur.  So Day 1 was Monday because of Sunday.  

She acknowledges that it is difficult to eat perfectly on vacation and told me to do what I can to plan for not sleeping well - take the melatonin with me, plan for down time on a couple of afternoons, etc.  I think that is good advice, however, I plan to continue to eat properly - I am so sick of sleep being an issue, I want this stuff kicked as soon as possible.  I can do this.

I'm getting better and better at planning for my day and bringing food with me.  Yesterday we picked blueberries with my in-laws and I brought a salad with a piece of salmon, and a dish of cucumber/tomato salad.  I was totally fine.

So yesterday's food:

morning: 1 c. coffee

Breakfast: giant breakfast salad - organic greens & spinach / garlic / red onion / cherry tomatoes / 2 fried organic, free-range eggs / 1/4 avocado.  20 oz of lemon water.

Lunch: salad - organic greens & spinach / red onion / cherry tomatoes / 1T (or less) of greek olive vinegrette + leftover salmon filet.  Cucumber-tomato salad: cucumbers, tomatoes, yellow pepper, jalepeno, red onion, garlic, little bit of white balsamic vinegar, 1/4 avocado.

Dinner: Salad - organic greens & spinach / red onion / cherry tomatoes / greek olive vinegrette.  1 wild caught alaskan salmon filet (grilled with coconut oil, salt & pepper).  1 c. of brussel sprouts roasted in chili infused olive oil, S&P.  20 oz lemon water.

Snacks: a billion blueberries


Weight today: 128.8

No comments: