Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday July 15, 2013 - Day 1

I am a mess.  I am not sleeping.  Every night I fall asleep quite easily, but I wake up between 2:30-3:00 and am wide awake.  I cannot fall back to sleep for 2-3 hours.  This is not working well for me and I am miserable.  Last night I woke up at 3:00 and didn't fall asleep again until 5:30 and then woke up at 7:00.  This morning I am not functioning very well - very tired, impatient and intolerant and I want to cry.  I cried all last night and again this morning when I woke up, I just don't understand why my body refuses to sleep and on a certain level, I don't understand why God won't do something about it.  

Yesterday I had a consultation with a health coach and she assures me that she get get me healed.  I think the issue is my adrenal glands... she has put me on a paleo diet: no grains, no dairy, no sugar.  Mainly vegetables, meat & berries.  She's suggested that I take L-glutamine which will heal my gut.  Also Vit C & B and another supplement to support my adrenal glands.  Magnesium for my liver.  

Dave is doing the paleo diet along with me.  Today is day 1.  She told us to eat the cleanest (organic) we can reasonably afford - so grassfed, organic meat & eggs, organic fruit and vegetables.

For breakfast I had 2 grassfed, organic eggs fried in olive oil atop a bed of organic baby spinach, with chopped orange peppers, red onion, grape tomatoes, and 1/4 of an avocado.

Lunch will be a hemp protein shake made with spinach & berries.

Dinner will be taco chicken salad.

I will also be drinking green tea to replace my coffee, lemon water throughout the day, and strawberry basil infused water mixed with apple cider vinegar (which is much more delicious than it sounds).

I was excited about all of this yesterday, today I can't get excited about anything - I feel like I may never sleep normally again.  And when I sleep like this, I can't get up in the morning to work out and can't find the energy to do it during the day.  So my whole life is kind of thrown off balance by this sleeping situation.  

One day at a time.

No comments: