Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 12 - Friday July 12, 2013

Sleep: Getting better!  Sleep by 11, up at 4, took 5mg of Melatonin, back to sleep (although kind of restless) and up at 6:40 with alarm.

I am so thrilled to have gotten an idea of what the heck is going on with me and thrilled that we can do something about it and there is hope.  It is going to be a long process, but I'm willing to do what I need to do.  I've been told by no less than 3 older women (60's) that this waking in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep thing is an indication and symptom of menopause and there is nothing I can do about it except get meds from a doctor... and deal with it for 10-15 years (like they did).

Bunk.

I'm 37.  I should not feel like I'm 57 - achy everywhere and always tired and dragging.  I should not have to just deal with sleep issues like that and for that long.  And Christene is confident that we will get this resolved and that I am on track to feeling well again.


Yesterday's food:

Breakfast: big breakfast salad - organic greens, raw onions, raw garlic, red pepper, grape tomatoes, 2 organic, free range eggs fried in olive oil + salt & pepper, and 1/4 of an avocado.  Large glass of lemon water.


Snack: handful of fresh blueberries, couple of organic strawberries.

Lunch: Hemp chocolate protein smoothie made with organic frozen raspberries, organic frozen blueberries, 1/4 of an avocado, 1/2 T of coconut oil.  + bowl of raw cucumber, tomato, pepper, onion salad w/ 1/4 of an avocado.

Snack: 1 large granny smith apple.

Dinner: Big plate of organic greens & organic spinch, topped with baked organic, free range chicken tenderloins seasoned with s&P, 1/4 of an avocado, raw onions, raw garlic, grape tomatoes, minimal greek olive vinegrette (less than 1g of sugar).  Plus 1 slice of leftover pork loin from night before.

Before bed: 1 cup of decaf Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea

Weight: 129.6

No comments: