Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday March 5, 2011

Workout: Long run - 7 miles
Time: 68:35
Incline: 2%
Pace: 9:47 (average)
Weight: 126.6


This run was awesome.  I felt really good throughout the entire run - felt like I could run for hours, but I started chaffing under my left arm and had to stop.  It is a step down week and the calendar said only 5-6 miles, but I felt so good I ran the extra mile and definitely felt like I could have run at least 3-4 more.  I ran the first 3 at 10:00/ and the middle 2 at 9:40/ and the last 2 at 9:30/. 


I watched The Sting with Robert Redford & Paul Newman while I was running.  It was a very pleasant way to pass the time.


Wondering if cutting down my running days has been the reason I've felt so good in these last two runs.  I think maybe I'll cut down to 3 days/ week and see how that goes.  That way I can do a normal run at the beginning of the week of 4-5 miles, a tempo in the middle of the week and a long run on Saturday.  I'll cross train and do yoga on the other days.  And do my PU/SQU/SU challenge.  I'll sit down this week and figure out the timing of it all, but that sounds good - I like how I've felt on these last two runs.

No comments: