Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday March 3, 2011

Workout: tempo run - 6.5 miles total
Incline: 2%
Time: 62:07
Weight: 126.2


Workout as follows:
1 mile warm up (10:00) 

[8:00 RP (9:13), 3:00 recover (10:00)] x 3 
2 mile cool down (9:30-9:50)


This went really well.  Probably due to getting adequate sleep for the last couple of nights, skipping a run yesterday and running at 5:00 in the afternoon.  I felt awesome, though.  


I set up a playlist that matched the timing of this workout and I ran to the songs, rather than to the time.  So my RP times were usually longer than 8:00 - by maybe 30 seconds.  The last tempo set, I punched it up to an 8:57 pace and ran a full mile at that instead of stopping at 8 minutes.  I felt awesome.  Dave had told me that the run was tough and he was really tired and the 2 mile cool down was nearly torture, so I was expecting horror, however, I felt amazing the whole time.


Next week I'm going to start a push up / squat / sit up challenge.  Six weeks of training to get to the point of doing 100 consecutive push ups, 200 consecutive squats & 200 consecutive sit ups.  There is a 3 day/week training schedule.  I'm going to try to keep up with the long runs on Saturdays, do the tempo run and do one other run during the week.  I'll also do some cross training in addition to the PU/SQ/SU training.  I'm pretty excited to be challenged by this and feel like by doing it I'll be hitting every muscle group and gaining a lot of strength that I've lost by focusing only on running.  I need to get some muscle back!

No comments: