Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday March 24, 2011

Workout: Biggest Loser Bootcamp
Time: 30:00
Weight: 124.6


Bob Harper is going to make my thighs as hard as rocks.  Ouch.  


Got my three BL dvds in the mail yesterday and was pretty excited.  Today was a regularly scheduled yoga morning, but I was too excited to try my new videos.  I had no idea what to expect and I'm glad I chose the bootcamp for today because its not a huge cardio workout (although it did get my heartrate up for the entire 30 minutes)... its more of a strength/toning workout - a lot of lunges, squats, and upper body strength moves done at a quick pace and/or at the same time (upper and lower body together) in order to increase calorie burn & fat burn. There were some brief cardio bursts in there - and my heart rate was already slightly elevated.  Its a great workout.  I didn't add the 2nd or 3rd workouts yet, which is another really nice feature - the ability to customize the workout.  All in all I'm very, very happy with it.


I've been doing well with being consistent this week.  Tuesday I did Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown and wanted to jump into the tv and punch her.  Yesterday I did Tae Bo again.  


I'm also tracking my calories on myfitnesspal.com.  This is such a user friendly site - I love it!  All of my aldi foods have been added in already by someone else, so I'm not constantly having to add my generic food nutritional values, which takes a lot of time.  It also accounts for the calories I burn that day - so on a non exercise day I should have 1260 calories (in order to lose .9 lbs/week).  But on an exercise day it adds in my calories - so today I have 1486... that was something that I really didn't like about sparkpeople.  They had you fill in how much you thought you would exercise and then averaged it out... just never thought they came up with a good number for me and I think I was right because running burns a lot more calories than these videos and I wasn't getting many more daily calories on spark people than I am now.


ANYWAYS...  I feel good about my consistency and my workouts.  I don't feel the same as when I run - which I feel good about all day - but this is what I need to do for now and its good.


I'm not sleeping well this week and am wondering if it has to do with my cycle - I recently read that hormones can affect a woman in this way.  I'm going to start tracking things because this is driving me absolutely batty.

No comments: