Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday November 4, 2011

Catchup for the last 3 days...


Wednesday
Workout: P90x KenpoX


Did this workout in the morning with Dave and it will never, ever happen again!  I've already told him this:)  He is so out of sync with Tony and the crew and I could see it out of the corner of my eye and I.can't.stand.it!!!  He comes by his rhythm naturally.  He is, after all, his mother and father's son.  I love him, but I cannot do this workout with him ever again, unless he get super awesome at it in the next 2 months!  We had a good laugh over this last night.


Thursday
Workout: run 3 miles at a 10:00/mile pace


Was supposed to do YogaX, but the alarms never went off.  I wasn't planning to do Yoga anyway - I had already decided to try to run again.  Since I didn't wake up early enough, I ran at 5pm.  It wasn't a whole lot better than Monday.  My heart rate was still mid-180's.  I gutted it out to 15:00 solid minutes of running before taking a 2:00 walking break.  It really becomes much more of a mental battle...  running at that high of a heart rate is like a normal person sprinting as fast as they can for 15 straight minutes.  Its impossible to sustain, but mentally I battle through it.  It hurts...  nothing really HURTS - like my lungs aren't burning, my legs feel totally fine, nothing hurts, it is just really, really painful to try to sustain running at that high of a heart rate.  I need to keep adding the running so I can condition myself back to a more comfortable place.  Still frustrated about this, but I want to be able to run, so I'm going to have to have a couple of days/week of 2-a-days.  We'll see how that works out.


Friday - 
Workout: Core Synergistics


This was much better than the other day when I did it the first time.  I knew what the exercises were and I knew how to do them.  I performed them better, but it wasn't as if it was easier.  This is just a tough, tough workout.  Can't say I'm sad to see it omitted from the rotation next week!


Weight on Friday: 127.4
Again, happy with a 1lb loss from last week.  This is just how it goes - I certainly wish it were 4lbs/week, but thats just not going to happen:)  My clothes feel better and thats most important.  I still believe I'm retaining a significant amount of water because I'm having so much trouble with my hands during the night.  Waking up several times a night with a completely numb right hand.  

No comments: