Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday July 9, 2010

Workout: Intervals
Time: 37:34
Distance: 4.0
Pace: 9:22
Weight: 122.6

Intervals were 1/4 mile at 6.0 / 1/4 mile at 7.0 with a cool down at 6.3 for 7:34 (to finish the chapter in my book).

Finally put my training plan together for Holland. Training was supposed to start on Monday, but I've been kind of floundering throughout the week trying to decide which plan to follow - Hal Higdon's advanced or intermediate plan. Neither one suited me well. The advanced plan was a little too much and the intermediate was not quite enough. So I combined the two along with the plan we had for Indy. I'm happy with it.

M/W/S = running
T/F = cross training with strength training (could substitute intervals for the cross)
TH = circuits or hill repeats

The plan starts at 21-24 miles/week and ends at 27-30 miles/week. The beginning weeks are actually probably slightly less than what I've been running in the last month already.

I'm glad to finally have something in writing so I know exactly what I need to do every day. I'm not sure if I'm going to set a time goal for myself or not... I'm definitely running faster and I'm doing intervals and hill repeats for variety but also for speed training. I think perhaps my goal is just going to be that I want to finish faster than 2:12, which was a 10:02 pace.

No comments: