Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wednesday July 1, 2010

Workout: 6.0 miles
Time: 56:47
Pace: 9:30
Weight: 123.4

Went running with Michelle this morning. I really did not want to go. I really wanted to sleep and hit the treadmill later, but honestly, I wouldn't have fallen back to sleep. I knew that, but I still didn't want to go running. I just didn't feel like it. My body was tired. Michelle said she didn't want to go either, but we went and it was good and it was a lot of fun.

I like running with her. Since I'm running with her, I don't stop to walk at all and the time passes quickly because we're talking the whole time. She doesn't push me to go faster and is happy to go at whatever pace I'm going at. Its really nice and we should do it more often.

She was wearing her Garmin - GPS watch thing - which said that we ran 6 miles, but every time I map out the route, it says 6.29 or 6.33. I'm wondering if she stopped the tracking while we were walking from the drinking fountain back to the street... just checked that out, and that had to be what she did. That makes me feel better - I was worried that my times and paces were wrong this whole time.

One really nice thing about running with her is that I don't stop after running up a hill. There were a few hills that I felt miserable about while I was going up and felt like I had a really hard time recovering from once I got to the top, and I normally would have stopped to catch my breath, but because I was with her I didn't. Thats a big help - I know I can do it now, I just need to push myself.

I'm so glad I went out and didn't sleep in, but I'm going to be exhausted by 3:00.

No comments: