Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday July 20, 2010

Workout: 30:00 cross training + strength
Weight: 124.0

Huh, not sure why I haven't been blogging as regularly in recent weeks... Saturday morning I ran a good 8 miles. I felt good for most of it - up until the last 2 miles when I had some digestive issues and needed to stop frequently to walk. The last mile was about where my body felt overrun, too. It was a good run - the best long run I've had in a while, I think.

Yesterday I ran 5 miles on the treadmill because we stayed up late on Sunday watching a movie and I did NOT feel like getting up at 5am to run. It was an easy run in the respect that it was on the treadmill, but I consider it a Pace run because I ran the whole thing at 9:30 pace, which I really hope I will run the race in.

This morning I went to the gym for the first time in a while (June 14th?) and did some cross training and hated it. I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike and purposely did not push myself to have a hardcore workout. I think my heart rate was in the 120's for most of the time. I feel like the time goes so slow in the gym, so it felt like the neverending workout. I also did upperbody strength machines. I decreased my weights by 10lbs and did 3 sets of 15 reps, which ended up being a nice strength workout.

No comments: