Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday, August 2, 2010

Workout: 5.5 miles
Time: 53:40
Pace: 9:48
Weight: 125.2

Ran for the first time since leaving for Yosemite - 10 days off. We did a whole lot of hiking while in Yosemite, so I didn't feel bad about not running.

The run started out good this morning, but quickly turned horrible. At about 2.5 miles I thought that I should not have come out - I was definitely not well hydrated and I was struggling by that point. I did not do well on the way back and ended up walking a lot more than I would like. I didn't make it up a lot of the hills on the way back home and was pretty disappointed in myself. But, I got out there and I did it and thats what counts. I need to focus now on getting rehydrated and fueling myself a little better and more intentionally so that my workouts will improve. I was pretty dehydrated before we left and my workouts were suffering then, too.

No comments: