Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wednesday September 21, 2010

Workout: 2.4 miles
Time: 22:00
Pace: 9:10
Weight: 127.4
Two Years Ago

I am officially finished training for this race!  I ran 4 miles on Monday morning at a 9:04 pace - my fastest ever!  This morning I ran 2.4 and I'm done.  I have rest days tomorrow and Friday and then the race on Saturday.  I am ready for this and ready for it to be finished!

My run this morning was fine.  It was pretty humid out, but not too warm.  I actually had to push myself pretty hard to run the entire thing without stopping to walk.  I wanted to stop and walk before I hit a mile, but I would have been pretty pissed at myself if I had.  I knew that I could get through it, but it was a mental battle for a while.  I also spent a portion of time figuring out which way to turn when I hit 151st.  I think that took my mind off of the battle as I weighed my hill options for either route.

On Monday, I think I was in pain for almost the entire run.  I could tell I was running pretty fast, but I didn't want to slow down - I wanted to see how fast I could run the 4 miles.  I felt labored for the first 2.5 miles and then I felt ulcer/abdominal pain for the next mile.  For the last 1/2 mile I just kicked it in and got home.  It was a good, good run and I was really excited to see my pace.  I won't be running the race at that pace, but I'm encouraged that we may get a faster time than our last race.

I continue to be discouraged with my weight, but I'm letting it go until after the race.  I counted points for a couple of days, but I think the long runs on the weekends particularly messed with my mind in terms of points.  I didn't have the energy to count points on Saturdays.  So now that this is all over, I can concentrate more on this rather than on the training.  I'm going to need another goal to work toward after this race is over, so I might as well make this my goal.  I think 115 is nearly impossible.  I've been making that my goal for so many years, but I haven't ever gotten past 119 and I haven't maintained 119 for very long.  So I think I need to make my goal 120 and I need to work at maintaining that.  I'm going to cut my miles down and look at things more as a workout, rather than a run and a number of miles.  I need to reset my mindset on all of this.

But now, for the rest of the week, I focus on water - which I have not done a good job with for the last 2 months.  I need to get rehydrated before Saturday.

No comments: