Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Monday September 27, 2010

Workout: 3.7 miles
Time: 34:32
Pace: 9:18
Weight: 128.0
Two years Ago

Not sure where I'm at in terms of what to do next after the race, but I know that I don't want to take too much time off.  I ran home from Ryann's soccer game tonight and was fine.  Jason was shocked that I ran already since Saturday, but really, I felt so great after the race - not really tired, not really sore, not super hungry, just really, really good.  Best I've ever felt after a long run, so why not run already on Monday?  


I'm going to keep my mileage down for now as I try to focus my energy on losing these pounds rather than on training for a race.  I did well with points and did well with keeping track of them.  I know that 128 is high due to water retention, since I weighed 125.? after I ran at 6:30pm, so I'm not concerned that my weight is THAT high, but I would like to get down near 120.  At some point I need to recognize that after 8 years of making my goal 115 and never having gotten below 119 maybe its just not possible :)  So 120 is my goal and I'm going to need to really put a lot of energy into it because this is the worst time of year - halloween, thanksgiving, christmas.


Thinking about doing a 5k on Thanksgiving up in Grand Rapids, then training will begin for the 5/3 Bank River Bank Run - 15 miles.  May 14, 2011.  It will be good to have something to train for during the holidays.


Haven't had a chance to think about what I want to do before then, however, I do know that I need to change my thinking from training to simply working out.  I need to do heavier lifting with fewer reps, make sure I'm doing 30-45 minutes of cardio on my non lifting days and 20 minutes of warm up/light cardio on my lifting days.  Drinking water is a must - I did okay on that yesterday.  My face has been so dry since the race - it hurt so badly after I finished and I know it is dry because I'm not drinking enough water.  I need to increase my vegetables and consider cutting sugar out completely - that needs some thinking.  At any rate, my mindset needs to change for a while as my goal has changed for now.

No comments: