Monday, September 22, 2008

Goal: 115 by October 10

Workout: running on the treadmill - 3 miles = 33:15, 3.25mi total in 36:01
Weight: 126.6

I'm getting a little discouraged in regards to everything. I want to be a good runner so badly, but I feel like I'm totally incapable and never will be. There is no way that I can sustain running for 30 minutes at 180-190 beats per minute. Its not possible. So I stop and walk. I don't know how to get to the point where my heart rate is lower - how do I do that? I ran on the treadmill this morning partly because I didn't feel like being cold and partly because I was in the Screw It mood and decided to do the easier run rather than kill myself outside. Whatever. I don't know how to get better - I've been working so hard since July and I know I'm better than I was in July, but it seems that lately there is just no measurable improvement.

And my weight is discouraging me, too. I feel like I'll never break the 126 barrier. I got down last week, but today was back to 126.6. I should be excited because during the summer I was always around 128/129 on Monday mornings and today I was at 126.6. That should be encouraging, but it wasn't this morning. I don't think 115 is going to happen by October 10 for sure and I don't know if it ever will... and I'm not sure that I should. I bought some clothes for Mexico from Old Navy and I was able to buy XS skirts and S shirts. If I lose another 10 pounds I don't know where I"ll go from there. But I'm going to keep working at it. Hopefully I'll see lower weights this week and they'll stay consistently lower. I've been doing really well with my eating and having cut sugar out should have done something.

I gave blood on Saturday. Blood Pressure was 110/70 and pulse was 68. Both are really good. I'll get my cholesterol results today or tomorrow (nonfasting test and I ate eggs for dinner on Friday - dumb).