Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday December 22, 2010

Workout: 3 miles
Time: 28:35
Pace: 9:31
Weight: no clue, but its not good


Decided to do an easy run at home this morning.  I have been baking non-stop since Monday morning.  For real - probably 8 hours on Monday & 10 hours yesterday.  Given that, I haven't drunk any water.  Its always the first thing to get eliminated when I'm busy or away.  We were also in GR for the weekend, which means I didn't drink water over the weekend either.  And I mean, I didn't drink any water.  Not that I didn't drink enough... nope, none.  The only liquids to pass my lips were coffee and alcohol.  Bad news :)  


AND, I had a double glass of wine last night as a celebration for finishing all of the biscotti.  Actually, I poured me and Dave each a normal glass, but then he got a headache and I HAD to drink his, too.


So all of that to say... I barely had any saliva in my mouth this morning.  So I didn't want to embarrass myself at the gym, so I ran at home.  And I knew it was going to be tough, so I ran without an incline.  It was fine, but I think I hardly sweat and when I was done, I couldn't have spit if someone paid me.  Today, since I'm done baking, my mission is to rehydrate & clean up my house and catch up on my laundry.  I've already had 2 16oz glasses of water, so I'm on my way.


Run was fine this morning.  Nothing remarkable about it.  Neither good nor bad.  I ran the entire time, jumping off for 20 sec. to stretch my hamstring after .25 miles and for 5 seconds to turn the fan on after 4 songs (almost 2 miles).  


I also ran 3 miles on Monday morning (9:30 pace at a 2% incline).  All three of which sucked big time.  The first 2 miles were horribly difficult.  Then my ipod died at the last mile.  So I sped the treadmill up so I could get it over with as quickly as possible.


Sunday morning, I did my long run at my parents house.  It was awesome.  I did 4.5 miles at a 2% incline and felt great.  Which was surprising since we stayed up so late and drank the night before.  I felt awesome.  I am a bit suspicious of the incline on that treadmill, though, so that could be part of it.


I noticed today that my herniated discs are not hurting anymore.  Must be the running.  Yet one more reason to keep at it.  And probably one of the more important ones.

No comments: