Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday December 29, 2010

Workout: p90x Ab RipperX
              4.25 miles
Time: 40:45
Incline: 2%
Pace: :35
Weight: 130.0



Dear Ab Ripper: I WILL conquer you.  I may not be able to do some of your exercises right now, but give me time... I WILL complete the entire 340 exercises - properly - by this time next year.  It is going to take consistency, dedication and discipline, but I can do it.


Sincerely,
Your core-challenged friend.


Ugh.  I attempted all of the exercises this morning.  I used a pillow to protect my tailbone and was able to do almost everything.  I cannot even get my torso off of the ground for the leg climbs at the end, though.  That is going to be my biggest challenge...  I would have made my goal April 1st, except for that one exercise.


My hip flexors & abs are pretty sore from the ab ripper on Monday and yoga yesterday.  I am excited about these things, though, because they are challenging me and are something that I'm bad at and want to accomplish/conquer - like running has been.  I'm going to try to do the ab ripper on my running days and yoga on my off days.  


Run - started out at a 10:00 pace because my body is sore from all of this p90x stuff, but I'm finding out that its actually harder to run at that pace than it is at my normal pace (9:20-9:30).  I should probably try a little harder to run slower sometimes.


I had to stop twice to go to the bathroom.  That sucks.  Once at 1.25 miles and once at 3.8 miles.  And then Nora came down with the phone at 3.5 miles and I stopped because I thought I needed to talk to someone, but evidently she was just bringing it down for me to answer it because she didn't recognize the caller id number.  I didn't answer it, but I stopped for probably close to a minute because of it.  So all in all, the workout was not fantastic because of the multiple 1:00 stops, but while I was running I felt pretty good.

No comments: