Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday February 26, 2011

Workout: Long Run - 8 miles
Time: 77:00
Pace: 9:36 (average)
Weight: 127.0


Run felt really good this morning.  I'm pretty dehydrated, so that sucks, but I felt good.  I decided to run at 0 incline so I'd have a chance at having a decent run.  


Thursday morning I went to a foot doctor to have him look at one of my toenails that is growing in kind of funky.  I talked to him about the pain I've been having in the ball of my right foot.  He took xrays and said that it is my second toe joint that is "going"... as in that is what is causing the pain and it is going to get worse over time.

I'm thinking about quitting running altogether.  I don't want to be like my mom, who has had multiple surgeries on both feet and is still in a great amount of pain and is basically immobile.  Her lifestyle is dramatically reduced, in my opinion, because she can't be on her feet or walk for any length of time (she does anyway, and then her feet hurt so bad that she has to stay off of them for days at a time).  I don't want that in my life.  And if running will cause that, then I don't want to run.  Running didn't cause her issues - not exactly sure what her issues are - but if running is going to cause me significant pain in the future, then is it worth doing now?



But I don't belong to a gym that has a pool or classes.  So I'd be stuck to the eliptical, the bike and the stair mill.  All of which I hate.  And I'm not sure I'd stay motivated.  I have to put a lot of thought into this.  The nurse taped my foot, so I wanted to run today to see if it makes a difference.

No comments: