Thursday, December 6, 2007

C3W8D53

Challenge 3
Beginning Date: October 15, 2007
Ending Date: January 6, 2008

Workout: HIIT on the bike and chest/biceps
distance: 8.0 miles
time: 30:20

My workout was good this morning. Somehow I got my minutes mixed up on the bike so thats why I only did 30 minutes instead of the normal 31. I'm not sure where or how I messed it up, so I don't know if I missed a high intensity minute or had one extra. Whatever. It was good.

I also did chest/biceps this morning. I haven't been planning these exercises very well. I have to take some time to look up some better exercises on the machine. I should have done that last weekend, but I didn't. I will try to do it this weekend. I got a good workout in, but I feel unprepared and like I'm not doing the best I could be because of it.

Yesterday was a slightly free day. Nora had a doctor's appointment at 8:40 in Palos Heights and since Dave was out of town, I had to get the girls out the door early. I took them to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast rather than trying to get them all to eat cereal in time. Anyway, I didn't get breakfast before we left and then when we got home I shoveled the driveway so I didn't eat anything until 12:30 - I had two bites of a donut, but other than that, nothing. So I didn't eat on schedule, I didn't eat totally clean, but I don't believe I went over on calories. It isn't ideal, but I'm not beating myself up over it.

I'm really beginning to think about all of this in a longer term way - can this be "for life"? Can I eat like this and workout like this long term? I don't think so. But then what should it look like for me to be healthy? I haven't answered that yet, but I'm thinking about it a lot.