Thursday, December 27, 2007

December 27, 2007

Workout: Back/Biceps/Abs

Okay, I didn't do abs. Don't know when I last did abs - I hate them.

Lat Pull downs - 3x12 @ #7
Cybex Rows - 3x12 @ #4
Lying DB hammer curls - 12, 8, 9 @ 14lbs
21's - 3 sets @ 16 lbs (increase to 18)

Felt good to be lifting again. I don't feel like I got that great of a back workout, but I'm sure its just a matter of time before I find the right weight and start feeling it a whole lot more. Someday I will do abs again - I would need to get up a bit earlier to include them. I dawdled about getting out of bed this morning.

I am currently reading the book Feel Good Naked. It is a 10 step plan to feeling fabulous about your body. Its not a diet or a workout, but rather ways to reprogram the thoughts that are associated with the way you look. I've read 2 chapters so far and its pretty good.

Step 1 - Indulge once a week. The author says you should eat 3 healthy and balanced meals each day - based on the food pyramid. Not just a sandwich kind of meals - full meals. And then allow yourself to indulge once a week on whatever you want - the only rule is that it is limited to 500 calories. Plan it. Do it. Eat it naked. She says that most women's bodies are in starvation mode from extreme calorie restriction. We need to eat balanced meals and focus more on the flavors and the actual food, like French people do. Savor the experience of eating - don't just toss things in your mouth absent mindedly.

Step 2 - Drink tons of water. Stop drinking soda and drink water. It is one of the best things you can do for your body.

I'm also going to start a Bible study book this morning based on knowing that I was created beautiful. I'm trying this from all angles:) I don't want to hate my body and my weight anymore - I want to love myself and not feel like I always have work to do to change the way I look.