Friday, March 14, 2008

March 14, 2008

Workout: Legs
Time: 48:??

Legs were kind of a bust this morning. I was actually a little scared before I went down there. I think last week's workout with the addition of the stool and how difficult it was put a fear in me. But I went down and did it - and then the stool broke during my lunges. Now I have to find something a little more sturdy to use, but I did finish the lunges with no weight.

I did not weigh this morning. I think I am going to weigh just once every couple of weeks. I would love to lose some weight, but I need to think about this as more than that. Something greater than that. I need to love my body and who I am and be content with it. Otherwise I easily get frustrated... Yesterday I caught myself in the mirror a couple of times and was terribly disappointed with my arms and then throughout the day I became more and more disappointed with my whole body. Its frustrating. I'm a very physically strong person. I can lift really heavy weights. I'm pretty certain my muscles are big. BUT I have a pretty thick layer of fat over top of everything. I can see it. It keeps everything from looking defined and its frustrating. How do I get rid of THAT? I don't think losing weight itself is going to do it. I just don't know what to do about it - and that is where I need to take a step back and try to get a handle on how I feel about myself and learn to love myself anyway. To be proud of my strength despite how I look.