Saturday, March 8, 2008

March 8, 2008

Workout: Treadmill - intervals
Time: 34:00
Distance: 3.0 miles
Speeds: 4.0/5.2/5.7/6.2/6.7

Running was a bit rough this morning. I really killed my hamstrings again during my workout yesterday and I'm hurting pretty badly this morning.

I think the intervals are tougher anyway - it wasn't just rough because of my sore hamstrings.

I feel good. I feel like I'm making good food choices and am incorporating a lot more fruit into my daily diet. Veggies are a bit harder to get in there - they're just not as easy to grab and eat like fruit is and I can't eat carrots with every meal. I need to put some thought into how I can get some more veggies in throughout the day.

I have not craved sugar at all this week. I do see the nasty store bought sugar cookies in the cookie jar next to the coffee pot and I wince a little bit when I grab my cup of coffee, though. Not because I'm craving them or because I really want them, but because one of my absolute favorite things is drinking a cup of coffee with a cookie or some kind of really good homemade treat - homemade is the key for me. I'm trying to cultivate an attitude of "Do I really want to cheat for THAT?" In fact, Dave really wanted to split one of those cookies with me the other night and I told him that I'm trying to look at things that way. Seriously, is a store bought, gross cookie worth me cheating and starting to crave more sugar? No. Is a fresh out of the oven homemade chocolate chip cookie worth cheating for? Yes. And this is one reason why I chose to buy the sugar cookies rather than the chocolate chip cookie dough:)