Friday, March 7, 2008

March 7, 2008

Workout: Legs
Time:

I got the brilliant idea to use a stool for my squats & lunges on our weight machine this morning. Um, ouch! I love the weight machine that we bought, however, it is definitely not made for a 5'1" person - the squat station does not go down far enough for me to get an adequate squat in... Somehow it ocurred to me to use a stool today and after finding the appropriate one (one that wouldn't collapse or be dangerous) my workout dramatically changed. I feel like my legs got a fantastic workout instead of a mediocre one. I'm quite excited about this and may add some squats with the machine to all of my workouts instead of just on Fridays.

I eliminated hamstring curls from the workout because the last time I did them I think I strained them so badly that I hurt for the next week. I figure squats & lunges work quads, hams & glutes so we've covered the bases on that.

Eating still going well. Looking forward to dinner on Saturday night with the Fulmer's & the Grabinski's. Looking forward to it for the company and the time away from the girls - not for the opportunity to pig out and eat like crap (which was my previous attitude). I feel like I'm more on the track to being healthy than I have been before.

Workout:
Hacksquats: 15, 15, 10 @ #8 (last set was with the stool)
One Leg Squat/Lunge: 10, 8, 8 @ #5
Deadlifts: 3x15 @ #4
Side Steps with band: 3x15/leg
Inner Thigh Lifts: 3x25/leg
Donkey Kick with band: 3x15/leg
Planks: 3x1:00