Thursday, April 3, 2008

April 3, 2008

Workout: stairs
Weight: 134.6

I went and did the stairs again this morning after fighting with myself to get out of bed. I wanted to just give in and give up on the rest of this weeks in terms of working out. On the second time up the stairs I was wishing I had stayed in bed:) My legs were so tired and sore and I didn't know if I was going to make it my full 7 times. I did. By the time I got to the top for the 7th time I wanted to crawl home - my quads were basically numb. I tried walking down the stairs, but I feel really off balance doing that so I ran. And then I ran back to the car and wanted to throw up. All in all it was a good workout LOL!

I have not had problems sticking with 19 points per day, but I'm finding that I don't eat much during the day and then I have to try to find 12-14 points at dinner time, which is probably not a very good strategy. The biggest reason for this is poor planning. I haven't made a dinner menu plan for the week and I really should - I just don't feel like it. I need to work on this for next week.

I have been eating good, nutritious food, though. Here was my menu for yesterday:
8:45 - oatmeal w/ splenda & cinnamon - 2pts
12:30 - 1c. Grape Nut Flakes & 1c. Skim milk - 4pts
4:00 - 1 grapefruit - 1pt
7:15 - 1 apple - 1pt
8:30 -1c. TJ's corn & roasted pepper soup & 15 TJ's oyster crackers - 4pts
9:00 - 1 1/2c. TJ's shrimp fried rice - 4 1/2pts
9:30 - 3/4c. cottage cheese - 2 1/2pts

I'm not saying that eating all of that food between 8:30 & 9:30 is a good idea, but at least it was all good food. Trader Joe's is the best for really tasty low calorie food.

Since Monday, I've lost 2.2 pounds, but I'm sure it is all water weight. I will take whatever I can get, though. My jeans still feel a bit snug.