Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday May 13, 2010

Workout: 3.5 miles
Time: 35:30
Pace: 10:09
Weight: 125.0

Have absolutely no motivation to go to the gym or do any workouts other than running. I had planned on going to the gym to do circuits this morning, but woke up and just didn't feel like it. So I did an easy run on the treadmill in the basement instead.

Started out at 5.5 and quickly increased to 5.7 because 5.5 felt too difficult to maintain. Stayed at 5.7 until 25:00 and then increased to 6.0 and increase .1 each minute until I hit 3.5 miles. I ran the last 30 seconds at 7.0. I felt really good and able to maintain the fast pace until I got to 6.7 and then I had to step off to catch my breath. From that point on I was sucking wind, but I had such a short amount of time left I kept on at the higher paces without stopping. It ended up being a good workout - the easy pace in the beginning was nice and I felt very comfortable.

By Monday I WILL have something together for the stop gap between now and July 5. Having something down on paper will definitely motivate me to do it and having a goal to reach by July 4 will help, too. Maybe that is why WW is important right now (even though I've done nothing other than sign up at this point) - maybe WW will provide the goal motivation and I'll build the workout plan around that. Still thinking.

No comments: