Friday, May 28, 2010

Thursday May 27, 2010

Workout: 5.5 miles (treadmill) - turned into intervals at the end
Time: 52:00
Pace: averaged 9.27/mile
Weight: very interesting question:)

I actually got up to run yesterday morning, but ended up going back to sleep on the couch. My carpal tunnel has been bothering me quite badly since shoveling all of the dirt into the garden a week ago and my forearm and hand were feeling crappy and I decided I just didn't feel like going. I really had no time to make it up that day because my best friend was coming over for the day. I decided at 7:30pm to hit the treadmill while the girls were watching So You Think You Can Dance.

I really only intended to run about 3 miles because of the time and because I had hardly eaten anything during the day and hadn't eaten dinner yet, but 3 turned into 4, which turned into 5, which turned into 6... but the girls needed me for something so I stopped short at 5.5. First 3.5 miles I ran at 6.4, which is 9:30 pace, for the last 2 I increased my speed by .1 with every minute, until I reached 7.0mph, then I decreased my speed by .1 every 30 seconds until I got back to 6.4 and then decreased every minute. I think I ended at 5.8.

I also ran 6 miles on the treadmill on Tuesday afternoon - I have figured out a way to read my book while running and it makes it go so much quicker. The weather has also been terribly hot and humid, which is why I ended up on the treadmill so much in the last week.

Now for my weight... yesterday was such a good example of what water retention does in my body. I have not been drinking enough water - I know this based on how much I have been drinking, but also by how badly my carpel tunnel is bothering me (CTS is inflammation of the nerves in the wrist... dehydration = water retention = inflammation = numbness and pain). I've been intending to drink a gallon of water every day this week, but it never happened - and never even got close. But with Kim here yesterday I literally sat at the table and drank water all day. Not sure how much I drank, but it was nearly a gallon.

Yesterday morning I weighed myself at my normal time - when I woke up, after I went to the bathroom, with no clothes on. I weighed 127.0, which shocked me as thats the highest I've been since Christmas and I haven't been eating badly at all. I weighed myself again after I got done running and I was 121.6. I was 121.6 again this morning (Friday) so it wasn't just all of the sweating. So apparently I lost 5.4 pounds in 12 hours:) I feel like I spend a lot of time chalking up my weight fluctuations to water retention and at least my next door neighbor thinks I'm crazy... but I've been paying attention to my body for so long, I know this is how it goes.

Skipped my workout today. Will decide how many to run tomorrow - I have the morning to myself!

No comments: