Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday May 19, 2010

Workout: 2 mile warm up run + lower body & Abs
Weight: 126.4

Workout was fine. Nothing exciting. Lifting heavy again and it feels kind of good.

I came home from the gym and immediately cancelled my WW membership. I was thinking it over at the gym... I'm comfortable with my weight, with the number. I've been fluctuating a lot over the last several months, but I'm okay with it. I feel good, I look good, my clothes fit. I joined WW again in order to get a better handle and discipline on my eating. I realized this morning, though, that I know how to eat healthy - I just need to do it. I need to be more disciplined myself. What I don't need is the obsession about points and how many I'm eating at any given meal or any given snack. I don't need to do that right now and I don't want that in my life... that aspect of dieting is absolute clutter for me at this point. It works - definitely works, but until I'm 10 pounds heavier, I don't have the motivation to add that clutter back into my life. For the little bit that I'd like to lose, I can do it by tightening up my diet on my own. And if I don't lose that little bit, I'm still okay.

This all came to me because I made a good and quite healthy dinner last night: Turkey meatloaf and steamed dirty broccoli. It was good. It was healthy. And I felt guilty about eating it because it was more points than I wanted to eat at dinner. What is that? That is the clutter that I need to be rid of. I need to focus more on eating plant first and eliminating the junky food that has crept into my diet and into our home... chips, animal crackers, ice cream, etc. THAT is what I need to change.

No comments: