Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday, March 15, 2010

Workout: 5 miles
Weight: 124.2

Back up to last week -
Friday, March 12 - skipped my workout due to scheduling issues.

Saturday, March 13 -
The scheduled workout was 7 1/2 miles. However, Dave ran 8 1/2 miles that morning and I simply could not allow that to happen, so I planned an 8 1/2 mile route for myself in the afternoon. When he got home from the office, though, it was raining so I packed up and went to the gym. I did 9 miles on the treadmill. If I had had more time I would have gone at least 10. I felt really good after about 3 miles. Although at one point I was thinking that I was probably at 5-6 miles and was going really well and then I checked it out and saw less than 4.5. Ugh - what a miserable feeling to realize that you're only halfway done! I ran the entire time, though, with the exception of the 30 second break that I was forced to take when the treadmill stopped at 60:00 - wasn't expecting that and I had to set up the rest of the run.

When I got done, I immediately had a homemade granola bar in the locker room and then ate some trail mix on the way home. Quickly showered and got ready for church and then made a protein shake to drink on the way to church. This made a HUGE difference in the way I felt for the rest of the night. The week before, by the time church was done, I was so hungry I thought I would eat my left leg... this week I didn't feel that way at all. I also didn't feel like I was hungry all weekend like I did the weekend before. Recovery was good this week. Although I was VERY sore.

Today -
Did 5 miles on the treadmill and wanted to shoot myself for at least the first 2 1/2. I am still very sore from Saturday's run AND the girl two treadmills down from me was running super fast and I was having a hard time getting into the rhythm of my pace. The last 1/2 mile was a killer, too. Obviously, my recovery from Saturday was not as great as I thought it was. My ankle didn't hurt too badly this morning, though.

Initially I planned to continue the workout schedule while we're in Colorado next week - in addition to skiing everyday. I'm beginning to rethink that:) It may be a good idea to take a week off of running - especially since we'll be doing 5 full days of skiing. We have 8 miles on the schedule for Saturday - the day we arrive. I think we'll attempt SOMEthing, but not sure how long we'll be able to go in that altitude. I'm soooooo looking forward to this trip!

No comments: