Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday March 8, 2010

Workout: 4 1/2 miles
Weight: 124.0

Catch up from last week:
Friday - went to the gym in the afternoon again. Eliptical for 20 minutes, weights afterward. I am getting a much better workout on the eliptical in the afternoon than I do in the morning. I'm going to continue to do my T/F workouts in the afternoon when possible.

Saturday - Ran 7 1/2 miles outside with my neighbor. It was tough for the first half - running outside after not doing so since last September was horrible! It was beautiful and sunny, though, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. And the fact that she could join me made it all the more exciting! We had a good time. We talked the entire time, which is definitely a first for me. I should actually recalculate the mileage because I think it might be closer to 7.25, but the schedule said 7 so we were over regardless. The last half seemed to fly by and we were done before I knew it. On the way out I felt like we'd never be done, like I'd never make it and then all of the sudden we were home. I loved it! And I'm so glad we did it.

However.

Since the first sip of water I had after that I have been in so much pain. Abdominal pain that seems to get worse when I ingest anything - water or food. Not GI issues, not muscular issues, not nausea, but upper abdominal pain. After my oatmeal this morning I had to pant through the pain. Kind of wrecked my weekend... didn't keep me down on the couch, but made me very distant to everyone around here.

Monday - workout was 4 1/2 miles. I ran 5 miles because I messed up the treadmill timing by accidently turning it off in the middle of the workout. Luckily I could see that I had already run about 2.4 miles, ran the additional .10 miles to make it 2.5 & then started over and did another 2.5 miles. Ran at 6.0 for the first 2.5, 6.0 with a .5% incline for the second part until I hit the last 3/4 of a mile, then brought the incline down and increase my speed to 6.2, and for the last .25 mile I ran at 7.0.

Went to the doctor this afternoon about my pain. He had blood drawn and scheduled an ultrasound for Friday morning. He's looking at how my gallbladder functions. Also gave me some medicine that should take care of any acid issues that may be contributing. I'm really hoping that something is figured out. I've had this before, but not for this long. I hope its figured out and at least subsided by the time we go to colorado on the 20th.

No comments: