Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday March 29, 2010

Workout: 5 1/2 miles
Weight: 126.0

I really debated about staying in bed this morning, but ultimately I decided that running would loosen up my muscles and make me feel better.

I was wrong.

Yesterday I could hardly walk. I'm sure it was because I was not even close to properly hydrated before running the 8.72 on Saturday morning. I was already pretty dehydrated from Colorado and it was not a smart move to run on Saturday. I suffered for it yesterday - my leg muscles were extremely sore. I've run through that soreness before, though, so I thought that it would probably help to run this morning.

Bugly was sick all day yesterday. Throwing up every couple of hours. No fever. No cough. No symptoms - totally fine except for the vomitting, until about 4pm when she fell asleep and really hasn't woken up since then (a little here and there, but for the most part she's been sleeping since then). I started feeling pretty queasy last night, but fought through it.

I don't feel so good this morning at all. Cornbread is in bed, sick. I should have stayed home.

Run was horrible. I had to stop a bunch of times to either stretch some more or get through the nausea. My heart rate was 178-180 throughout the entire run.

I'm queasy now, although, I'm fighting through it... I got through the run, I have to work this morning AND its spring break so I'll continue to fight through it. Ugh.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I wear a fanny back too when I hit 8-9 miles. I usually use Propel Fitness water or Gatorade. Gummy bears work too. They gave us those throughout the Portland marathon. I am going for four miles today and it's cold, pouring rain! It's supposed to be like this all week. I love living in the Pacific Northwest but sometimes the weather sucks for running.