Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tuesday March 2, 2010

Workout: 20 minutes cross + weights
Weight: 125.0

Ahhh - as much as I don't care about the actual number, I am getting pretty sick of the drastic fluctuation in my weight everyday. Yesterday I was 123.0, today 125.0. I just wish a number would stick.

I decided to try working out in the afternoon today so I could get some more sleep in the morning. Getting up at 4:45 every morning is getting to be a drag - especially with the mileage that I'm running. I feel like I'm constantly tired. And we're going to bed earlier and earlier. Its getting a little crazy - going to bed at 9:15 makes for not a whole lot of evening together after the girls go to bed at 8 - or after 8 like last night.

Working out in the afternoon was much different. Observations:
* I slept until 7am and woke up feeling like ass - like I needed 3 more hours of sleep, like I had been woken up in the middle of deep, deep sleep. Felt much worse than waking up at 4:45.

* I tooled around in my pajamas all morning because I saw no sense in taking a shower and getting dressed just to do it all again after working out. I hate that process, so I don't want to do it twice. Felt a little frumpish because of it. I might stay in my pjs all day on Sunday, but I don't plan to be productive on Sunday anyway.

* I did the cross training much harder than I normally do on Tue or Fri mornings. Usually I take it pretty easy and am probably lucky to get my heart rate up to 130 and break a small sweat. Today my heart rate was 160, I was breathing heavy and pouring sweat (did the eliptical at level 10). This also made the weight lifting portion more sweaty.

* Because I was working out during my time during the day without the girls, I was in a hurry. I wasn't in a hurry to skip portions of my workout, but I wasn't wasting any time either. I took a quick shower and came home. No dawdling for me. Got there at 12:30 and was out by 1:40.

* Just because I chose to go to the gym later in the day didn't mean that all of the people I normally see at the gym chose to do the same. Somehow their days went on as normal:) It was a completely different group of people and I somewhat felt like I was intruding on their territory.

* A lot more guys in the afternoon than in the morning.

* A lot of people were on their cell phones. This continues to amaze me - that people actually try to workout and talk on the cell phone at the same time - or text. In MY opinion, they are not committed to a real workout, because you just can't do both - not to the extent that you really should. I saw one woman doing the stairmill with the phone cradled between her shoulder & her ear. The stairmill was moving slower than I thought could be possible - like as slow as if I was just standing on it while it was stopped and through sheer force of gravity it moved down a level. What is that? Why in the world is this woman wasting her time? And it was the entire time - it wasn't like a 5 minute break.

* People who can run 8:30 miles are my heroes. People who can run 5.5 miles at an 8:30 pace are even more of my heroes. And people who can run 5.5 miles at an 8:30 pace, hardly have a drop of sweat on their shirts and not look AT.ALL like they could even run a mile are running goddesses.


I took some naproxen for my ankle yesterday and this morning. Its feeling much better.

Workout - 20 minutes on the eliptical. Heart rate was at 158/161, went over 3 miles, burned 288 calories. Weights: glutes, quads, hams, calves, back, tris.

Good, good workout. I will probably do this more often.

No comments: