Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday March 10, 2010

Workout: 4 1/2 miles
Weight: 124

My fluctuating weight continues to be frustrating. Yesterday I weighed 122.6 - lowest since last summer and then today 124. Whatever. This winter I rarely weigh the same thing every day. I wonder if it is weather related, hydration related... not sure. During the summer I very consistently weighed the same for several days and then would move for a day or two and return back. So not sure what is up with that right now.

My run was okay this morning. I felt like I was laboring pretty badly through the first 2.3 miles. My heart rate was higher than it has been - about 168 as opposed to 164 as it has been for the past couple of weeks. Because of my stomach pain, I didn't drink any water yesterday. I didn't eat anything for the first half of the day - I had a homemade granola bar while doing my Bible reading and it caused me enough pain that I didn't want to eat for the rest of the day. I finally had something at 2:30, felt okay and had dinner and a protein fruit smoothie before bed. But no water at all. Currently I'm in pain from my homemade granola bar that I ate 10 minutes ago.

Anyway, not sure if the lack of water affected my run this morning or not. I stopped a few times because of abdominal pain/feeling like I was going to vomit (not because the workout was too hard, but because of the location of the pain). The pain is not causing me to decrease activity - obviously I was running this morning - but it is nearly constant and I feel a little disconnected from the rest of life because of it. Hoping that the ultrasound shows something definitive - blood work was normal.

Looked up what a good diet for gallbladder issues would be and it is exactly what I already eat, so thats no good - I can't alter that to decrease the pain. So it continues. I'm resigned to it being constant.

Ran 3.5 miles at 6.0, increased incline to .5%, at 3.75 I increased the incline to 1%, at 4.0 I decreased the incline, increased the speed to 6.2, at 4.10 increased speed to 6.4, at 4.25 increased speed to 7.0. Heart rate was 178.

Skipped my workout yesterday due to scheduling issues.

No comments: