Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday November 15, 2010

Workout: 4.77 miles tempo run on the treadmill
Time: 43:20
Pace: average 9:04
November total: 30/60


I also ran yesterday afternoon - 6.54 miles, which brought my november total to 25.23.  I had intended to run 8 miles on Saturday morning before leaving for Cadillac, but my alarm didn't go off and when I woke up I didn't have time to get any miles in, really.  I was going to skip running over the weekend, but it was pretty nice outside yesterday afternoon when we got home and I didn't want to pass that up.  Unfortunately, I didn't get out there until 3:30 and didn't have time to get a whole lot more in because it was getting dark.


The running was better yet than the other runs I did last week.  My red blood cells must be returning to normal.


Today I did a tempo run.  I did 2 miles at a 9:15 pace, then 1.5 miles at a 8:50 pace and finally 1.27 miles at 9:15 pace.  It felt good.  I'm also trying to pick out my best fast-running songs for the 5k next week.  My goal is to run it in 27:00, but I'm going to be happy with anything under 30 minutes because of my really poor performance in my first and only 5k a year and a half ago (I think I got something like 32 minutes).


So I have 30 miles to run in 15 days.  Interesting - wonder if I would like doing 2 miles every day... probably not.  I'm going to shoot for this schedule:

Wed 17th - 4 miles

Thur 18th - 4 miles
Sat 19th - 8 miles
Mon 22nd - 5 miles
Thur 25th - 3.1
Sun 28th - 4
Mon - 29th - 4


Four miles seems like such a short run. 

No comments: