Sunday, November 21, 2010

Saturday November 20, 2010

Workout: 7.36 miles
Time: 1:12:20
Pace: average 9:48
November total: 45.38/60



Went out at 1:00 in the afternoon.  It was somewhat chilly and pretty windy heading to the East.  I did well for most of the run, but had decided kind of early on that I would take a short walking break after every 5 songs.  Songs 6-10, though, had a few breaks in there because it was a lot of hills during that point.  But the last part of the run was especially good.  I feel like I really get my groove going around mile 4, which kind of sucks :)


I also feel like I'm in a rut.  Like donating blood disrupted my flow.  But not only that, my legs are tired and sore.  My right foot has pain near the bottom of my toes.  I'm considering taking a running break during December, but am worried about losing my fitness.  I can't get as good of a workout on the bike or the eliptical at the gym.  But I guess it will be like starting training from scratch.  Or maybe I just need to significantly cut down my mileage this month.  Perhaps taking on this 60 miles in November goal was a bit too much...  I didn't cut down hardly at all after the half in September.  I ran nearly 70 miles in October, which is an awful lot of miles for not training for anything.


And I think I might need new shoes already.  Which bugs me because the shoes I ran in yesterday - my newest pair - have less than 100 miles on them.  I don't have the money to go out and buy a $100 pair of shoes right now.  But my knees hurt while I was running yesterday and my ankles are really sore and tired afterward.  Maybe its just more of an overtraining issue and I need to calm down this month and start up from scratch on December 28th for the 5/3RBR.  I'm going to get my 60 miles this month and then figure it out.  I should also get back into weight training and cross training.  And should actively try to lose 5 pounds.  And try to get my cholesterol lower (was 265 when I donated blood - ouch... hasn't been that high since 1999).

No comments: