Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday November 8, 2010

Workout: 6.78 miles
Time: 65:00
Pace: 9:35
November total: 6.78/60
Two Years Ago

Jason and I challenged each other to post our workouts on Facebook again to hold each other accountable.  We also challenged each other to run 60 miles in November.  I had intentionally taken last week as a complete break from working out... and then we set this goal in the middle of the week.  So I have 60 miles to do in 23 days.  Its going to be tough, but I know I can do it - I'm way too competitive with myself to not complete it.  I also have two weekends away this month - this weekend I have to go to Cadillac for a wedding and the weekend after Thanksgiving I'm staying downtown with Kim.  I'm going to have to work around those events OR run while I'm there.  We'll see...  probably won't have a problem running in Cadillac, but doing so in the city may be a different situation.


Jason, his wife, Meaghan, and I are running a 5k on Thanksgiving morning, too - I need to conquer the 5k for myself.  Dave isn't running with us because he is taking the whole month off of running because of his plantar faciitis.  We also don't have anyone to watch the girls if we both run, so he'll come with the girls to watch us.  We'll all start training for the 5/3 Riverbank run in December then.


It is really nice to have a goal.  It makes it easier to plan and be motivated.  I'm not terribly excited that the goal means I have to run more miles in each run than I'd like (I'd prefer to be doing 4 mile runs), but it works.


I ran on the treadmill this morning because G was sick multiple times over night and there was some sheet changing involved... not much sleep.  I was planning to run 6 miles outside this morning because the time change means it is lighter earlier than it had been, I bought some running tights, and I bought some reflective gear.  I'm very scared of running outside - I am not looking forward to being cold - in fact I'm really sick of being cold already.  But I'd rather try to gut it out than run on the treadmill for the next 4 1/2 months.

1 comment:

Amy said...

It is amazing how you get used to running in the cold and then 40 degrees starts to feel like a heat wave once March hits. I trained for the Riverbank in 2003 & 2004. We had no gym membership or treadmill...and sometimes the town of Fruitport did not even plow the sidewalks or the sides of the road. :( It was tough at times. But it got a lot better by late February. Both years I did not officially start training until New Years Day because I had a lot scheduling conflicts in December.