Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday November 29, 2010

Workout: 4.06 miles
Time: 35:00
Pace: 8:37/mile
Weight: 126.8


In an effort to get over my running misery and to finish out my 60 miles in November, I jumped on the treadmill this afternoon.  I wanted a confidence boost, so I kept the incline at 0 and ramped the pace up to 7.0.  It felt good.  Its a good pace at 0 incline, especially if I have the right music (Running Down the Dream by Tom Petty is THE perfect song for this pace).


I ran in my older pair of shoes, which has about 450 miles on them, but I feel MUCH better than I do after running in my newer shoes with less than 100 miles on them. I need some new shoes for sure.  


My feet are really, really sore from the weekend - I went downtown for an overnight with Kim and we did a lot of walking.  And I was wearing high heeled boots, which was STUPID :)  I've been wearing my new heat therapy slippers that I bought at the German Christmas Village downtown and they feel really nice.  And if only I could sit still long enough for them to work it might be better.


I also think that I have a strained right hamstring.  It definitely isn't pulled or torn, but I am experiencing some pain that is not typical soreness from running.  So its going to be good to take a break for several days.  I think I took all of December off last year and started training right away in January.  Not planning to go that extreme, but at least having a couple of weeks off will help.  My joints are really tired.

No comments: