Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday January 16, 2012

Workout: p90x Chest/Back
Avg HR 128


So begins our second round of p90x.  We've lined it up so that our week in Mexico will line up with a recovery week, so I don't think we will have obstacles with staying on track and sticking with it.  Starting weight: 128.4


The workout was good.  I've regressed a bit since ending our first round - took a couple of weeks of in between and ate a lot of garbage during the last week of 2011.  My weight is slightly higher than when we were finishing up, too.


We are also going to ramp up our green smoothies & raw food consumption.  We've both really learned a lot from Dr. Joel Fuhrman and I have read 2 books about the benefits of green smoothies.  I'm convinced this is the way we should be eating.  It will be interesting to see if it is really doable - in terms of time and money.  So far it has been fine.  I have a freezer stocked with assorted greens and I keep the kitchen stocked with fruits and veggies.  We are aware of making better choices when we eat out and try to eat as many plants as possible wherever we're eating.  That means huge salads, possibly vegetarian dishes etc.  Amazingly, Dave is even choosing to eat mushrooms now (something he has always despised).  And I have seen my cravings for sugar & processed/fatty foods change depending on how I'm eating.  When I eat tons of greens, fruits & vegetables I don't crave sugar and garbage food.  When I eat sugar, i start craving the sugar and garbage again - this was remarkably true last week & this past weekend.  Last week I upped my green smoothie consumption to 1 quart/day & focused on eating a lot of vegetables and I found myself craving vegetables.  This weekend we went to Mike & Cara's for the weekend and had garbage and this morning I woke up craving treats with my coffee.  


I also notice a significant change in how much my joints ache and how much my hands fall asleep (circulation) based on how well I'm eating.  So I'm dialed in to doing this and actually, I love the food so its not a hard thing to do.  Again, the hard part is the time & money, so we'll see how we can work around it somehow.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really am interested in the smoothie thing, but what do they taste like. They sound disgusting